First, let's go over a quick primer on mold. All molds are fungi, and share biology with mushrooms and athlete's foot, for example. The mold that is toxic to you and your family is uncommon in the fungi kingdom, meaning most kinds you find in your house or business aren't dangerous. However, some are dangerous, so any mold you find indoors must be cleaned up and completely removed.

Government experts recommend that you reach out to a mold damage cleanup Aurora CO company for cleanup help if the mold growth takes up more than about 3 square feet. If you see mold growth, there is probably hidden mold behind walls, in attics and elsewhere.

Before you schedule an appointment with anyone, check that they are certified properly and that they are certified by trade organizations such as the Restoration Industry Association, the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration and Contractor Connection.

Mold damage that is allowed to grow sends off spores, which fly like dandelion seeds and can harm your possessions rapidly. If not, parasitic fungi will continue to feast on your home or business and will destroy your possessions. Some molds, those that release toxic spores, can also cause sever health problems ranging from neurological damage to respiratory and mold-related infections and generally poor health. Mold can be especially dangerous for babies and kinds

mold damage cleanup Aurora CO